Its very important for us new mothers to drink post natal vitamins, because when we gave birth to our babies, all of the extra nutrients came out with him. Here’s what I take and the reason behind it. Also, my OBGYNE recommended to take these until Inigo’s 6 months.
A. OBIMIN PLUS
- DHA+EPA – These are equivalent to Omega 3 Fatty Acids. It supports the development of the baby’s brain, eyes and nervous system and it can be passed on to your baby by breast milk
- Vitamin A,C,E and Zinc –It helps boost immune system, A study conducted by the Australian Maternal and Child Health Service found that new mothers who supplemented with zinc had improved energy levels while their babies had less incidence and severity of infant colic.
- B- Complex – to help optimize conversion of food into energy that the body can utilize.
B. IBERET FOLIC
- IRON- for u nursing moms that’s always puyat.
- FOLIC ACID – very important that breastfeeding mothers get atleast 500mg a day because it helps your body produce red blood cells.
- CALCIUM – Studies have shown that women often lose 3 to 5 percent of their bone mass during breastfeeding, although they recover it rapidly after weaning. This bone loss may be caused by the growing baby’s increased need for calcium, which is drawn from the mother’s bones. So we should continue to drink supplements to make up for the loss calcium in our body.
- VIT D – is usually the partner of calcium for better absorption.
D. BLACMORES NAIL, HAIR and SKIN
- BIOTIN – is an essential vitamin which has been found in clinical trials to thicken hair and stimulate hair and nail growth.
- ZINC – helps maintain the structural integrity of nails, hair and skin and promote healthy immune system
*This helped me lessen the hair fall during my third month of post partum
You can buy this vitamin here:
1. Immune System Support – The majority of immune cells are actually located in the gut as that is where the most bacteria are located in. Taking probiotics helps support a healthy immune system by having an anti-inflammatory effect.
2. Normalizing gut health and bowel movement – Probiotics are also play an important role in normalizing bowel movements and are used to reduce the length and duration of diarrhea and can reduce symptoms of those that are chronically constipated.
*I think this really helped me counter the effect of having too much iron in my system, I never had a problem with constipation after giving birth. We all know how hard it is to be constipated when you are healing from brith, whether it’s normal or CS delivery.
You can buy this vitaimin here:
Aside from these, I made sure to drink a lot of fluids, ate a lot of sinabawan (soup) viands , rest if I can and only think about positive thoughts. I never entertained negativity because I was enjoying the gift of life.
I drank these until Inigo was 6 months old and I am proud to say that Inigo nor I never had sickness. I guess taking care of yourself properly will lead you to produce more milk in the future. I am currently 29 months post partum and I still do have lots of milk.
My advice to mommies out there who wants to continue breastfeeding, keep drinking vitamins in order to help our body produce more milk.